Master of Science in Education
Applications are now open for Summer 2023 admission
Priority deadline for scholarship applications is January 15. Applications accepted until May 15
Join our weekly Zoom information meetings with
Program Prerequisites - prepare in terms of coursework and field experience.
Admission to the Master of Science in Education with options in Math or Science Education program is selective; not all applicants are admitted. Applications received after the deadline may be considered on a space-available basis only after all those received by the deadline have been fully considered. Please note most scholarship application deadlines are in January or February.
Before starting your application, please plan ahead. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Campus: Ecampus Distance Education (Online Degrees)
Degree Level: Master’s
Degree Code: MS (Master of Science)
The selected degree requires the choice of your option: Mathematics Education OR Science Education
You don’t have to respond to this question found in the section for "Other Graduate Questions": "Please refer to the website of the program or major to which you are applying to identify concentrations or subfields or tracks of study that are of interest to you."
Identify if you plan to attend the MS program as a part-time (2-year path) or full-time student (1-year path). You can change this designation later if you need.
1. What is your purpose and motivation for becoming a math or science teacher?
2. Point to evidence of your past experiences that influenced your decision to pursue education as a career.
3. Tell us about a time when you felt challenged as an educator (teacher, coach, youth counselor, teaching assistant etc.) and what you learned from that experience.
1. Upload an email from a teacher and/or supervisor who can describe your experience and approximate hours.
2. Describe your experience working or assisting in a math or science classroom and/or work with youth, include a description of the tasks and activities. Someone from this experience should write one of your reference letters for the MS application.
3. Describe your PLAN for getting an experience working in a math or science classroom and how you will complete it before you start your student teaching assignment.