Note: International students are not eligible to apply. Due to the hybrid nature of this program (in person and online), international students are unable to obtain an appropriate educational visa. For more information contact International Admissions.
Applications for 2023-2024 are closed. Please check back for updates for 2024-2025.
1. Contact program faculty to discuss interest in this program. ([email protected], 541-737-2545)
If applying to the Portland Dual Language Teacher Residency Program
To ensure you are fluent in both English and Spanish or Chinese, you must apply to Portland Public Schools and be accepted prior to applying to Oregon State. You will not be accepted to OSU if you have not applied to PPS first. Portland Dual Language Teacher Residency Program applications are now open.
If interested in applying to the Hillsboro/OSU MAT partnership program please reach out to your school principal.
2. Complete the application checklist
3. Apply to the OSU Graduate School choosing Ecampus as your campus for the Teaching major, Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degree with an option in clinically based elementary. The application fee is $75 (nonrefundable). Watch this video to learn how to navigate the Graduate School online application.
4. Submit a one-two page, single-spaced essay responding to this topic: In our program, we value the idea of providing an equitable learning experience for all our students. What does the term equity mean to you? Also, what is an equity concern you see in public education and what ideas do you have to address it?
5. Interview with OSU faculty and school district partners
MAT in Clinically Based Elementary Education program faculty