The College of Education offers an array of graduate degrees and programs to prepare teachers, counselor educators, and other education professionals for careers in schools, community colleges, universities, business and industry, and other postsecondary settings. In addition, electives are offered for undergraduate students who wish to explore education as a career choice. Please refer to the Schedule of Classes for a complete listing of all courses offered by the College of Education this fall, and visit the OSU Ecampus website for online courses for teacher and counselor educators.
Fall Courses available online via Ecampus
- TCE 411 Educational Psychology, Learning and Development
- TCE 572 Foundations of ESOL/Bilingual Education
- TCE 599 Social Justice in Education
- SED 564 Science and Engineering in the Lives of Students
- SED 582 Personal Dimensions of Free-Choice Learning
- SED 594 Advanced Strategies Science and Mathematics
All courses for Counselor Education professional development are available online. Visit OSU Ecampus for more information.
Fall Courses available on campus (in Corvallis)
Professional Development for Both Practicing and Preservice Educators
The College of Education offers a variety of special topic courses taught throughout the year. Below is a list of courses taught on the OSU Corvallis campus. These are open to professionals and students interested in teacher education. To obtain information on all Education courses offered, go to the OSU Catalog and type “TCE” in the quick-jump field and press "Go", then select Fall 2014 from the drop-down box on the right and press "Go to Schedule".
The following courses are open to professionals and students interested in science and mathematics instruction at the middle and high school levels.
- SED 473 Science Pedagogy and Technology
- SED 474 Mathematics Pedagogy and Technology
- SED 599 Topics in Science Education: Communicating Ocean Sciences
If you have questions about Professional Development education, please contact Karla Rockhold.
Preservice Educators Only
Our introductory ESOL course is cross-listed for both graduate and undergraduate preservice teacher candidates on-campus (Corvallis). For more information contact our ESOL Program Coordinator, Stacey Lee.
Undergraduate Students Only
In order to provide a multiple-entry pathway to teacher preparation, the College of Education has implemented an undergraduate education degree program. Contact our Advisor.
* Undergraduate "core" courses are open to all OSU students and are offered on-campus (Corvallis).
- TCE 216 Purpose, Structure & Function of Education in a Democracy
- TCE 219 Civil Rights and Multicultural Issues in Education
- TCE 253 Learning Across the Lifespan
* Upper division undergraduate courses offered on-campus (Corvallis):
- TCE 412 Learning Styles & Needs in Adolescence