Apply for a Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degree with an option in Clinically Based Elementary Education

Note: International students are not eligible to apply. Due to the hybrid nature of this program (in person and online), international students are unable to obtain an appropriate educational visa. For more information contact International Admissions.

Applications are now open.

Here are the steps you'll need to take in order to apply:

  1. Review and complete items on the MAT Application Checklist. You will be putting this information in the online OSU Graduate School application (next step).
  2. Apply for Clinically Based Elementary Education MAT through the OSU Graduate School. Applications are due February 1, 2018.
  3. Interview with OSU faculty and Beaverton School District partners. Interviews will occur March and be conducted via video conference.


Tuition and Fees

  • Use the Ecampus tuition calculator to get an estimate of your tuition costs.
    • Select "All graduate programs"
    • Enter 52 credits
    • Select $75 fee for degree-seeking graduate students
    • Select $350 matriculation fee

The Oregon Licensure process includes several fees for required services. You do not pay these fees as part of your application process and the total of may vary slightly.




Fingerprinting and Background Check $59 If your fingerprints are not current, submit fingerprint packet and check to TSPC.


$42 first year

Less for second year (~$15)

Required for licensing materials such as test results, observations and submission of edTPA.

We are currently setting this up at OSU and will let you know when you need to sign up.

Civil Rights test



State required test. Take ASAP.

Elementary Sub-tests 1 & 2

$50 for one test

$95 if taken together

State required tests. Passed before winter of second year.



State required portfolio. Summative edTPA will be worked on and submitted in winter of 2nd year.

Restricted Substitute License Fee


If you plan to substitute teacher during your practicum year (1st year) you will need to apply for a restricted substitute license.

MAT Inquiries and Pre-Admission Advising contact: Matt Nyman, 541-737-1811