Private support opens doors of opportunity. Every gift to Oregon State University’s College of Education will help meet the needs and fulfill the dreams of students and faculty, enhance beautiful old Education Hall, or complete critical research.
Private contributions are very important to the success of our College and we hope you will consider investing in our future. We can help you establish a gift that reflects your wishes and benefits both you and the College of Education.
GIFTS BENEFIT FOUR KEY AREAS
Your gift can support: Students, Faculty, Facilities, or Research.
Here are examples of existing funds in which you may want to invest. These funds benefit one or more of the key areas:
- Dean’s Fund for Excellence
- Education Scholarships
- Double Degree Student Scholarships
- Technology and Teaching Lab
- The Spirit of Education Hall
Visit this link
to make your gift today.
TYPES OF GIFTS
When most people think about giving to the College of Education, they think of making a cash gift. While this is certainly a great way to make a gift, there are additional ways to give. Generally, gifts can be categorized as: Immediate or Deferred.
An “Immediate” gift goes to work right away, while “Deferred” gifts become available after a specific amount of time. Both ways of giving are equally important.
- Matching Gift
- Bequest (Will)
- Life Insurance
GIFTS THAT ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE
- Daniel Hearn (’70) and his wife Gloria established an endowed scholarship for Education students. The William and Ella Hearn Endowed Scholarship is awarded to Education Double Degree students preparing to teach technology education.
- Janet (’66, ’82) and Ron (’65) May have endowed a merit-based scholarship for a graduate student in Adult Education.
- Forrest (’35) and Susan Lindsay established a charitable remainder unitrust that will benefit OSU. They have left a legacy of giving that will continue long into the future.
Director of Development, Tom McLennan, can help you structure a gift that meets your goals. Please call or email at your convenience.
Gifts can be sent to:
c/o Tom McLennan
850 SW 35th St
Corvallis, OR 97333
Gifts can be made at this online link.